A Dudley safe, grade 3, opened in Kensington, London. The code was unknown, so once opened we supplied and fitted an easy to use new LaGard combination lock and numberpad for client to use. With some Dudley safes you can tell the grade of safe by the holes under top hinge, as shown in the close-up photo – this has 3 holes so is a grade 3 security safe.
The assigned Eurograde security cash ratings are as follows:
- Eurograde 0 – Cash rating of £6,000 and a valuables rating of £60,000.
- Eurograde 1 – Cash rating of £10,000 and a valuables rating of £100,000.
- Eurograde 2 – Cash rating of £17,500 and a valuables rating of £175,000.
- Eurograde 3 – Cash rating of £35,000 and a valuables rating of £350,000.
- Eurograde 4 – Cash rating of £60,000 and a valuables rating of £600,000.
- Eurograde 5 – Cash rating of £100,000 and a valuables rating of £1,000,000.
- Eurograde 6 – Cash rating of £150,000 and a valuables rating of £1,500,000.
Therefore this safe was rated to hold up to £35,000 in cash, and ten times that for valuables.